Sunday, August 30, 2009

Slackware 13.0

Hi All,

If you all had observed - I already mentioned in my blog about the release of Slackware 13.0.

I am just excited to get the DVD version of it. If any one of you guys - the distributors- can help me get the dual layer dvd of Slackware in India, preferably in Bangalore - do mail me to my email address - ananth.gouri@gmail.com.

Even if I cant get the DVD right now - I wont lose hopes - since LFY - Linux For You magazine would be providing it in a month or 2.

But of all - the best that impressed me about this release was - Now Slackware 13.0 need not be configured for getting its display - a great improvement done. If you read my blog regularly - I have written a post that explains how to configure the X server in Slackware. I think that I can delete this post after I test 13 now!!!

The yet another important release feature is - now Slackware has a 64 bit OS[port], a feature that would make most of the 64bit processor used computer geeks - go crazy.

It also includes the latest stable release of KDE, the latest XFCE desktop and many more. Walk through these 2 links - Link-1, Link-2 provided by Volkerding.

The oldest Linux distributions man kind has ever seen - is still strong and is going fine in its journey of endurance to Linux success. Live long Slackware.

Thanks,
Ananth Gouri

No comments:

Post a Comment