Wednesday, June 3, 2009

System Sounds

Hi All,

These days I am getting busier and busier, that too with the number of bug fixes that I need to fix for a week increasing exponentially and also with the French Open going on...I dont have time to blog.

Now - the System sounds...Ok, this thing kept running in my mind for a long time.

I did not like the way my Lenny's Gnome logged me in daily or every time. It had no start up sound at all. May be I was still thinkin that I would hear that crap XP start up sound each time. Ha Ha nope.

I wanted a change, something new and interesting which I could change every now and then.

I did------

1. Logged into gnome-look.org and searched for System sounds.
2. I downloaded the best wav sound that I liked the most.
3. Finally went to System->Preferences->Sound.
4. Next the Sounds tab there.
5. Checked Enable software sound mixing(ESD) checkbox.
6. Next checked Play system sounds checkbox.
7. Lastly in the same window, I looked for Log in: and I selected the wav file that I had downloaded from the given drop down.

Thats it.

Now what are you waiting for? Do it!!!

Thanks,
Ananth Gouri

No comments:

Post a Comment