Sunday, February 14, 2010

VPNC and Debian Kernel

Hi All,

If you read my blog regularly - I had once posted how to install vpnc. I had explained how to install vpnc for my Sabre Corporate Nortel VPNC server.

I had got it all working fine and I had no issues at all - like connectivity issues, lookup or resolve issues.

But once I pitched into Squeeze repos and also when I had added the Sid repos along with once or twice the Ubuntu Repos - thats when I started getting the dis-connectivity issue.

I could not connect to my vpn n/w for more than 5 minutes max or so. :( Thats when I started getting irritated as I had to do all of my work at office itself or use Windows back home...

At last after some research I have got the solution. Its not solution for a problem in all - but the Ubuntu and Debian Sid repositories had messed up the vpnc and the default Debian Linux Kernel compatibilities.

Here is the verdict -

Use this below kernel that comes default with Debian Lenny and you folks should not face any problem at all.. And beware to face some new issues once you folks update your kernels.

uname -a [clipped]
Linux debian 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP


Take care,
Ananth Gouri

No comments:

Post a Comment