Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oracle XE Part 2

Hi All,

Last post I had explained how to install Oracle XE for your distros.

Next part - that is this part - I explain how to configure further for proper working of the database.

1. Issue this command as root : /etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure
2. Once the steps for the above step 1 is done (Refer my last post on Oracle XE)
3. You would have given the password for system / sys - which is the main DBA.
4. Go to your Gnome Menu / K Menu and then under Oracle Database 10g Express Edition -> Go to ->> Go to database home page and there issue the login and password for "system".
5. You can create a new user - once you login in step 4.
6. Now from here on - use "Run SQL command line" from the same menu for connecting and working your DB problems.

3 Cheers :)

Hope all understood what I meant. Mail me for any doubts.

Take care,
Ananth S Gouri

No comments:

Post a Comment