Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fixing the rtl_nic firmware missing warning(s) in Debian

Hi All,

I was curious to use the new Linux kernel 2.6.38 and also since I had some free time yday after a long time - I tried to install it...

I upgraded my repositories to include the sid repos and gave the apt-get update command.

Next it was a normal way of installing the kernel - as I made use of Synaptic package manager...

The installation went fine - but every other time I installed any new software I used to get some warnings about a Realtek NIC card firmware missing. This was pretty irritating - as it would not quit the synaptic happily...

I tried googling out and I got different sites with different answers. But I could fix the problem after I installed the package firmware-realtek

I installed it through Synaptic and I did not get any warnings from there on...

Hope this helped some of you..
Ananth S Gouri

No comments:

Post a Comment