Thursday, October 8, 2009

Adobe Flash Player 10

Hi All,

Recently I had been approached asking as to how to install Flash player on Lenny 64 bit.

This post is self explanatory from below:

1. Use synaptic to update your repos - such that it has backports.org enabled. [Debian Backports]
2. Update your repos then.
3. Use apt-get command or synaptic itself to install the player. See below for apt-get:
apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
4. Finally run this command /usr/sbin/update-flashplugin-nonfree --install as the root user.

Note: As far as possible try installing the free version of flash player and I would not suggest you folks using the nonfree version. Decision left to you folks finally.

Thanks,
Ananth Gouri

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much.........I was badly in need of this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Now I have to try to get Debian read my NTFS partitions. This is much harder than XP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @John: Actually reading NTFS partitions in Debian is not at all difficult. I hope to post it asap... Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @John: I have written it and do check my blog post of today and hope it would help you.. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete